All posts must be in English.
- Only one account per person is permitted.
- When registering, a valid email address has to be used. Disposable email addresses are not permitted. If found, we will remove the account in question.
- Rotax Owner is about people, domain names in forum/login names are not allowed.
- Keep all posts on-topic.
- Do not astroturf or pretend to be/represent somebody else. Your account will be deleted if found to be in breach of this rule.
- Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in Canada and so is subject to Canadian law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
- Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature.
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
- Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply
- Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source. Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal in many countries.
- Choose an appropriate subject line. Try to summarise the problem briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g. ;read this or you will be arrested;). An example of a bad subject would be "HELP ME". A good subject might be, "Carburetor needle position". Do not use a URL as a thread title.
- Include as much information as you can when seeking help. This may include detailed model, engine and part number. Nobody will be able to help you if you don't give sufficient detail.
- Ask Questions The Smart Way. Read this by Eric Raymond.
- No useless posts. This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming. What is spamming? Read this.
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgment of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer.
- Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster and it's membership will be removed.
- Do not propose/link to any site that contains warez/copyrighted software/materials that can be downloaded illegally.
- No affiliate links to be posted, anywhere on our forum.
- Links / comments / individuals or Corporations known to promote content contrary to Rotax recommendations may be removed.
- As this is a primarily a technical forum, we have disabled 'forum signatures' to reduce clutter and distraction.
- Please do not manually add "signatures" at the bottom of your postings. (Forum moderators are the only exception to this rule.)
- OPTIONAL: If you wish to make a few lines of public contact info available to other members, you can edit the "About Me" tab in "My Profile".
At all times:
- Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
- No commercial advertising is permitted.
- When recommending a product to help a user solve their issue, you must disclose any affiliations you may have with the company or group that authors that particular product. This includes, but is not limited to: any paid or non-paid relationships past or present, receiving any promotional products or services, or any other similar information.
- Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed. NO SPAM - NO ADVERTISING eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion.
- This is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement or to be a 'wall of shame'. Any posts deemed to be of this nature will be removed. Settle your disputes in private please.
- If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator (move threads/close/split), please use the 'report this post' link to notify the moderators.
- These forums are centered on Rotax Aircraft Engines and it's various OEM matters. They are not a place to promote ideological, religious, or political matters. All such discussions will be deleted/closed.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.
For general information about using the Rotax-Owner website, please refer to this page.